Governor Cuomo’s renewable plan for New York State’s energy will surely fail, as it has in Germany, making its people energy poor. November’s election and the incoming President’s appointees have seeded the clouds in Central New York for a rain of Letters to the Editor regarding gas. The letters run the table on the evils of gas development (it’s-the-end-of-the-wor [ ... ]Read More..
Russia is no longer the world's largest gas producer and isn't happy about it. by Eric Roston January 10, 2017, 9:19 AM EST Energy politics makes strange bedfellows, none stranger than Robin Hood and Russian President Vladimir Putin. RT, a media organization that the U.S. intelligence community calls "the Kremlin's principal international propaganda outlet," pub [ ... ]Read More..
Indian Point, the nuclear power plant closest to New York City, could be shut as soon as April 2021 under an agreement New York state officials reached this week with Entergy, the utility company that owns the plant, according to a person with direct knowledge of the deal.Read More..
Andrew Cuomo is running hard for the title of America’s most deplorable governor. Add now to the corruption an ideological compulsion to do the outrageous. Two recent actions by Andrew Cuomo demonstrate what a truly deplorable governor this man-child is. One has nothing to do with natural gas and the other is only peripherally related, but both reveal how his fracking decision came to be, w [ ... ]Read More..
Leaders of a group representing owners of mineral and royalty rights in Colorado have bolted from their national organization, which plans a push to retain its members in the state. The board of what was the Colorado chapter of the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) voted to separate and register with the state as the Colorado Alliance of Mineral and Royalty Owners (CAMRO). &ldqu [ ... ]Read More..
ANALYSIS/OPINION: The day after the presidential elections the executive director of the Sierra Club glumly called the Donald Trump victory “deeply disturbing for the nation and the planet.” Well, yes, if you’re a climate change alarmist who hates fossil fuels, you’re in for a bad four and maybe eight years.Read More..
Claims that the earth is rapidly heating up because of man-made CO2 and thus heading for a “climate catastrophe” have taken a serious body blow over the past three years as a huge and fresh body of science emerges. More than 1000 peer-reviewed papers published over the last 3 years expose climate alarmism as fake science. 1000 papers in three years Yesterday Kenneth Richard p [ ... ]Read More..
Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, provides the average local household with enormous economic benefits, according to a new study published Thursday by economists at the University of Chicago. Driven by rises in wages and royalty payments, researchers found that fracking added a total of $1,200 to $1,900 per year for the average nearby household, causing a 6 percent increase in average income. Th [ ... ]Read More..
As a result of Governor Cuomo's mandate that the state provide billions of taxpayer dollars in subsidies for renewable energy development, many landowners have received offers to lease their land for wind farms. As with any first offer of an industry lease, these leases do not have the best financial terms nor do they provide the landowner protections necessary for long term lease d [ ... ]Read More..
The state Public Service Commission has quietly reduced the amount of renewable energy that utilities will have to purchase next year by 94 percent, according to PSC documents. In August, as part of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Clean Energy Standard, the PSC ordered utilities, and others, to next year purchase renewable energy credits (RECs) equivalent to 0.6 percent of their electricity usage. Th [ ... ]Read More..
We now know that it’s possible to bribe people who work for the federal Environmental Protection Agency. That is, big money donors DO have a say in how “science” is presented by the agency. The one great, huge, towering problem that anti-drillers have is that there is no scientific evidence that supports their wild claims that fracking contaminates water–which is their fa [ ... ]Read More..
Hydraulic fracturing generated $3.5 trillion in new wealth between 2012 and 2014 in spite of falling oil prices, according to a new study, but today’s rising prices could be even better for the U.S. economy. From 2012 to 2014, the shale oil industry generated 4.6 million new jobs due to an energy boom and the resulting low gas prices, according to a study published by the&nbs [ ... ]Read More..
WASHINGTON, D.C. - President-elect Donald Trump has appointed a second congressman from Upstate New York to a leadership post on his presidential transition team.Read More..
The Trump win and widespread Republican gains down ballot suggest many possible changes in the US energy scene even as radicals snipe away in irrelevancy. By a narrow margin, Measure Z was approved by residents of Monterey County, California. The ballot initiative, which would ban fracking in Monterey (where it does not currently happen anyway), also bans new oil wells, injection wells [ ... ]Read More..
Cory Bryson, 32, has known about the Dakota Access Pipeline since 2013. He attended public hearings in 2014, when he spoke with landowners, residents, legal staff and representatives of Energy Transfer Partners, the parent company building the pipeline. He recalls there would be a minimum of 50 people at each meeting – none of whom represented the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. He said th [ ... ]Read More..
- Even the loony left hates Cuomo’s electric-bill hikes
- President Trump Will Make America's Energy Sector Great Again
- GOP says study beats back Obama fear mongering on fracking
- JOINT LANDOWNERS COALITION OF NEW YORK ENDORSEMENTS
- Otsego County Pipeline Support Urges Cuomo Approval
- Debbie Preston's "Thank You" for Endorsement and Support for NG Development
- COUNTY TO CUOMO: APPROVE PIPELINE
- State Democrats want to drive Andrew Cuomo out of office
- Stop Sending Fracked Gas to NY, Says PA Senator Gene Yaw
- Progress: U.S. Carbon Emissions Decline
- There’s NOAA Denying It: Methane Issue Isn’t One
- Pennsylvania utility regulator criticizes Cuomo pipeline policy
- Md. fracking regulations include enhanced buffers around wells
- Report: Andrew Cuomo’s Righthand Man Faces Arrest in Corruption Case
- Nine Defendants, Including Joseph Percoco, Former Executive Deputy Secretary To The Governor, And Alain Kaloyeros, President ...
- Exclusive: Anti-Exxon NY AG Raked In $264,000 From Some Of The Company’s Biggest Rivals
- Cuomo’s Legacy: Upstate New York’s Death Rattle
- Pennsylvania says Cuomo is sabotaging its energy industry
- Cynicism at Work: The New York Energy Game
- Renewable energy still needs natural gas back-up
- Turns out wind and solar have a secret friend: Natural gas
- Moniz: Fracking has been good for the environment
- **Video New Solar Research Raises Climate Questions, Triggers Attacks
- Cuomo crony spills for leniency deal in corruption probe
- Williams Has the Edge in Constitution Gas Pipeline Permit Case