Take Action to Support NG, Constitution Pipeline!
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters,
In the next few weeks the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) will be accepting comments and holding hearings regarding the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the proposed Constitution Pipeline. We strongly urge everyone to express your support for having FERC approve the DEIS. Here's why...
· The pipeline will deliver Natural Gas to New York and New England residents and businesses. As a clean and affordable alternative to dirty coal and oil, this pipeline will enable reductions in pollution, CO2 emissions, and consumers' and business' energy costs. As the true environmentalists, we realize how good NG is for us!
· The pipeline will serve as an important piece of NG transportation infrastructure. In addition to providing NG for NY homes and businesses, having pipelines already in place may make leasing in NY more attractive someday. For now FERC is not considering approving the DEIS based on putting NY gas into the line so we recommend not wasting your comment on that topic. But let's face it, right now we need all the help we can get in attracting businesses and prosperity to NY and this line is a HUGE help!
· The pipeline will contribute significant tax revenue to the school districts, communities, and counties it passes through. Just read the "Constitution-benefits 03281401.PDF" article linked to below to see what I mean.
· If the anti-gas agitators are unopposed by our support they could delay or even stop the pipeline. In either case they will be that much closer to stopping NG production in NY, destroying your chances to enjoy the benefits of NG production and depriving you of your rights to develop your NG. We simply can't let them win this battle if we want to win the entire fight!!
To help you show your support we have a variety of "take actions" for you. Just keep in mind that the deadline for all comments is the end of the day, Monday April 7, 2014. All take actions are quick and simple, so please read on...
First we recommend that you submit comments online. Here is how...
· Go to the FERC comment submission site at: http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/ecomment.asp
· Select "eComment" to be taken to an authorization page.
· At the authorization page enter your name, email address, and the "authorization" letters/numbers that appear.
· Select "Authorize".
· FERC will then send you an email.
· Click on the link in the email.
· It will lead to a page on the FERC website with your name and email filled in.
· In the "Enter Docket Number" field type "CP13-499" (no spaces or quotation marks).
· Select "Search" and wait for FERC to respond.
· In the right hand column, under the heading labelled "Select", click on the blue cross.
· A box for entering your comment appears. You may enter up to 6000 characters.
· I suggest that you type up your comment beforehand so you can simply copy and paste it into this box. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the comments we have prepared for you in the three attached letters.
· Click "Send Comment".
· FERC will confirm receipt of your comment via an email sent to you.
Second, please download, print, sign, and mail the letters in the "Const Letters 03281401.PDF" file linked to below. Please send your comments to the Army Corps of Engineers too, as they're also accepting comments for their review of the Company's application for a 404 permit. The letters are all set for you to simply print, sign, and mail.
Again, please remember that both FERC and the Army Corps will accept written and electronic comments through April 7, 2014.
If you choose to create your own letters, they should refer to Docket Nos. CP13-499 and CP13-502; NAN-2012-00449-UBR. They should be addressed and mailed to:
Kimberly D. Bose, Secretary
888 First Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20426
US Army Corps of Engineers
New York District, CENAN-OP-R
Upstate Regulatory Field Office
1 Buffington Street, Bldg. 10, 3rd Floor
Watervliet, New York 12189-4000
Everyone should sign their own letters so that they are counted as separate comments. Individually signed letters can be mailed together to save on postage.
Third, we ask all supporters to please attend any or all of the public hearings that have been scheduled. You can speak at the hearings or simply be there to show your silent support, but either way please attend. Here are the details on those hearings...
· Each hearing starts at 7PM, but we recommend showing up as much as an hour early to have a spot in line, an early speaking slot (if you want to speak), and a good seat.
· Monday, March 31, Cobleskill-Richmondville HS, 1353 State Route 7, Richmondville, NY
· Wednesday, April 2, Afton High School, 29 Academy Street, Afton, NY
· Tuesday, April 1, Oneonta High School, 130 East Street, Oneonta, NY
· Thursday, April 3, Blue Ridge High School , 5058 School Road, New Milford, PA
You can consider bringing signs and banners, but we don't know if they will be allowed or not yet. I've heard rumors that blue shirts and hats are being promoted as the color supporters should wear to show our solidarity but have not been able to confirm that. Better yet, bring a few supporters with you! That is the best way to show our strength, with numbers!!!
Fourth, please share this call to action with any and all supporters you know so they can participate too.
As always I thank you most sincerely for your effort and support on these important matters. Together, with our positive message of hope and prosperity, we will carry the day and lead ourselves to the day when we can all enjoy the economic and environmental benefits of safe and responsible Natural Gas development. Until then...
Dan Fitzsimmons, President
Joint Landowners Coalition of New York, Inc.