The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline is great news for the rural and urban economies of the Eastern Seaboard region, bringing the benefits of natural gas to both. The reason the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project is so important and should be approved by FERC is the same reason anti-gas forces oppose it; it will strengthen the potential for natural gas development in the rural northeast and it will bolst [ ... ]Read More..
If the initial signs are any indication, Andrew Cuomo is set to create another New York pipeline debacle as he attempts to appease gentry class fractivists. We hate to say this, but we’ve seen this movie before. Last October the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) approved Dominion’s $165 million New Market Project–a project that expands Dominion’s transmission pip [ ... ]Read More..
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s multibillion-dollar upstate economic development plans, including the massive Buffalo Billion project, may be derailed by growing nervousness from IBM and other companies over the continuing corruption probes. IBM, a major player in the state’s high-tech development efforts for more than a decade, has decided to “cease all new investments and additional hirin [ ... ]Read More..
BISMARCK, N.D. — Donald J. Trump traveled Thursday to the heart of America’s oil and gas boom, where he called for more fossil fuel drilling and fewer environmental regulations while vowing to “cancel the Paris climate agreement,” the 2015 accord committing nearly every nation to taking action to curb climate change. Laying out his positions on energy and the env [ ... ]Read More..
Cynthia A.M. Stroman On May 12, 2016, EPA issued its final rule for reduction of methane emissions from the oil and gas sector. The rule, originally proposed in September 2015, builds on the 2012 new source performance standards that addressed emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC), and serves as a key component of President Obama’s Climate Action Plan: Strat [ ... ]Read More..
Much excitement from the BBC last week over a report from a body called REN21 – with the headline on its website “Renewable energy surge reaches record levels round the world”. Global spending on renewables, it trumpeted, last year soared to £200 billion, bringing total investment in the past six years alone to more than £1 trillion. Never before had prospects looked [ ... ]Read More..
By Amy Harder and Erin Ailworth May 27, 2016 9:51 am ET
Behind Donald Trump’s first campaign speech on energy was one of the oil industry’s most well-known, colorful and politically engaged executives: Harold Hamm. Mr. Trump referred to Mr. Hamm, founder and CEO of Continental Resources, a dozen or so times as he spoke at a press conference Thursday in North Dakota and then delivered [ ... ]
New York’s rejection of the Constitution Pipeline and Kinder Morgan’s withdrawal of the proposed Northeast Energy Direct pipeline have high- lighted the intense public debate in the Northeast over the need for natural gas and the infrastructure to deliver it. The natural gas industry is steadfast in its position that the region, which has among the highest energy p [ ... ]Read More..
Is justice for DRBC region landowners on the horizon? A lawsuit has been filed against the agency and it’s a beautiful thing; compelling and elegant. Finally. It’s happened. The Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) is, at long last, being sued for its outrageous caving to political pressure in failing to adopt already prepared regulations that, while onerous, would have probabl [ ... ]Read More..
Filmmaker Josh Fox (C) joins a protest against fracking in California, in Los Angeles in this May 30, 2013 file photo. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/Files The environmental benefits of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, are causing a split in the global green movement, according to an article published Wednesday in the progressive magazine Mother Jones. Anti-fracking environmenta [ ... ]Read More..
Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara watched with smug satisfaction Thursday as a judge slapped the second of Albany’s “three men in a room” with prison time.Read More..
Anti-fracking protesters outside the Empire Plaza Convention Center. (AP Photo/Mike Groll) ALBANY — The state Department of Environmental Conservation is requesting more information about a proposal to frack for natural gas in the Southern Tier using propane and sand rather than water. The energy industry and environmentalists agree the proposal has the potential to bypas [ ... ]Read More..
Please see the attached file below to read the full news release.Read More..
US Attorney Preet Bharara and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Photo: AP/UPI For US Attorney Preet Bharara — who dethroned the heads of both the state Senate and the Assembly — the idea of probing Gov. Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion must’ve been a no-brainer. After all, having the government hand a billion dollars in taxpayer money to the private sector is dubious in itself &mdash [ ... ]Read More..
The United States Environmental Protection Agency maintains a cozy relationship with environmental groups – it has been caught releasing proposals for early commentary to them and even republished Sierra Club talking points about Keystone XL as being officially from the Obama administration. Well, why is that a surprise? The EPA is stuffed with former environmental activis [ ... ]Read More..
- Pipeline-killing Cuomo plainly doesn’t care about New York jobs
- Cuomo has reason to worry as Bharara zeroes in on inner circle
- Cuomo’s pipeline decision may have ripple effects for energy policy
- Company Pledges to Fight for N.Y. Pipeline
- Constitution Pipeline Committed to Building Federally Approved Pipeline, Delivering Energy Savings and Environmental Benefits...
- New York State Department of Environment Conservation Denies Water Quality Certificate Required for Constitution Pipeline
- Andrew Cuomo’s poised to kill thousands more upstate jobs
- OPINION: Sanders’ fracking ban would be a disaster
- ecorpStim Successfully Fracks PA Marcellus Well Using Baby Oil
- University Releases Research on Fracking and Groundwater
- Hundreds Rally in Binghamton For Constitution Pipeline
- Landowners needed to show support for NG development in NY This Thursday!
- More Green Eggs and Scam; Served New York Style
- U.S. Natural Gas Electricity Efficiency is Always Improving
- If You Missed The Recent Solar Leasing Seminar Watch The Video
- Fossil fuel electricity with no pollution? This company is building a power plant to prove it.
- Obama Adminstration Ramps Up Legal Fight Against Fracking
- Punishing Climate-Change Skeptics
- Solar Farm Leasing Educational Seminar Saturday 04-02-16
- *VIDEO* Ely: “I’m Not Against Anything…But Ban Fracking”
- Climate Change Theorists Consistently Deceive with Glaring Omission
- MIT: Green Energy Can’t Work Unless You Tax Everything
- Governor Cuomo Announces 900 Solar Projects Underway Through 26 Community Solarize Campaigns Across the State
- Constitution Pipeline Receives FERC Authorization to Proceed with Limited Tree Felling Activities in Pennsylvania
- Major Rally Held for Constitution Pipeline - Press Release