by Lily Emamian Washington, D.C. Energy in Depth 2/9/2017
The Business Council for Sustainable Energy, in partnership with Bloomberg New Energy, just released the 2017 Sustainable Energy in America Factbook. The report covers the across-the-board benefits for the rise in natural gas use across the United States, with the most notable benefit being the fact that American co [ ... ]
Scarcely a day goes by without us being warned of coastal inundation by rising seas due to global warming. Why on earth do we attribute any heating of the oceans to carbon dioxide, when there is a far more obvious culprit, and when such a straightforward examination of the thermodynamics render it impossible. Carbon dioxide, we are told, traps heat that has been irradiated by the oceans, and thi [ ... ]Read More..
ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS LP +0.18 As of 1:06 PM EST 39.01 USD WILLIAMS COS INC +0.47 As of 1:06 PM EST 28.77 USD North America's natural gas market just had a "Jurassic Park" moment. I'm referring to that scene in the old Spielberg movie where two children are puzzled by ripples in a water cup -- which turn out to herald the thunderous approach of a T-Rex. In [ ... ]Read More..
New York state is paying 11 large wind and solar power projects two times more in subsidies than the projects actually generate in electricity.Read More..
The much-anticipated intelligence report which concluded that Russia tried to influence the recent presidential election had another startling, yet widely ignored, conclusion: The Russian government promotes anti-fracking propaganda in the United States. Russia accomplishes this through its "news" network, RT, which promotes the Kremlin's interests around the world. The report, issued by the [ ... ]Read More..
By Andrew Follett, Energy and Science Reporter in The Daily Caller 2/6/2017 Low gasoline prices saved the average U.S. household about $1,000 dollars in 2015, according to a new report by the American Automobile Association (AAA). AAA found that lower gasoline prices saved U.S. consumers $115 billion in total, which equates to about $550 per licensed driver. The average U.S. household save [ ... ]Read More..
By:Jeff Stier, Senior Fellow, National Center for Public Policy Research 2/1/2017 in The Daily Caller The EPA just threw out five years of fracking safety research to appease green extremists. Although early drafts found no evidence that fracking has had a “widespread, systemic” impact on drinking water, the final report claims that there isn’t “enough information to make [ ... ]Read More..
A Jan. 15 column (“Put Methane in its Place, Not the Atmosphere” by Brian O’Neill) calls for more unnecessary regulations that would increase costs, stunt Pennsylvania’s job growth and thwart any manufacturing renaissance while producing no real benefits. Throughout the commonwealth, natural gas is driving a manufacturing revival that’s creating good-paying jobs and [ ... ]Read More..
Less than a month into the new year, Pennsylvania lawmakers will gather on Tuesday for a legislative hearing about an oil and natural gas lease protection package that would, among other things, make it easier for landowners to verify proper royalty payments. Lawmakers returned to the capital on Monday to start the 2017-2018 regular session. For years they've failed to pass legislation that w [ ... ]Read More..
New York is close to overplaying its hand and losing for all states the authority to issue Clean Water Act permits after the state blocked the Williams Partners LP-backed Constitution natural gas pipeline project, Williams Cos. Inc. President and CEO Alan Armstrong said. Environmental groups will probably fight harder under President Donald Trump, and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will have more opp [ ... ]Read More..
Recent intelligence reports show that Russia is interested in influencing more than just America's elections. Russian President Vladimir Putin and his cronies have taken aim at undermining the U.S. energy industry, as well. Buried within the U.S. intelligence community's report on Russian activities in the presidential election is clear evidence that the Kremlin is financing and choreographing an [ ... ]Read More..
JERA Co., Inc. ("JERA") will participate in a natural gas-fired thermal power generation project in New York State through the project’s operating company. The operating company, Cricket Valley Energy Center, will construct a natural gas-fired combined cycle power generation plant with a power generation capacity of 1,100 MW in Dover, Dutchess County, New York, targeting commencement of com [ ... ]Read More..
Natural gas prices averaged a little more than $2.50 per mmBtu (million British Thermal Units) in 2016. Those days are over. Prices will average at least $3.50 to $4.00 in 2017. Prices have more than doubled since March 2016 but gas is still under-valued. Supply is tight because demand and exports have grown and shale gas production has declined. In April of last year, I wrot [ ... ]Read More..
Shortly after the inauguration of President Donald Trump, the White House posted the administration's "America First Energy Plan" on its website. While the plan lacks specifics about implementation, it lays out a foundation for US energy policy for at least the next four years. Key highlights from the plan include: Eliminating "harmful and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan [ ... ]Read More..
The Trump administration said it plans to boost domestic energy production and increase drilling, especially on federal lands, while also scuttling "burdensome" environmental proposals unveiled during the Obama years, according to an updated White House website. Meanwhile, there were reports that Trump plans to name Cheryl LaFleur as FERC chairman during his first days in office. On F [ ... ]Read More..
- Millennium Pipeline Sues Cuomo’s Corrupt DEC Over Expansion Delay
- You Can Thank Fracking For Early Closure Of NY Nuclear Plant
- New York’s Renewable Plan Will Create Energy Poor
- Putin's Other American Propaganda Effort: Anti-Fracking News
- Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant Could Close by 2021
- Andrew Cuomo: America’s Most Deplorable Governor?
- Business Colorado Royalty Owners Group Splits From National Organization
- 2016’s Biggest Loser: Big Green Voters Turned Thumbs Down On The Climate Change Lobby And Rightly So
- 1000 Skeptical Peer-Reviewed Climate Papers “Should Put UN IPCC To Shame,” Says Harvard Astrophysicist!
- Fracking Gives Average Local Household $1,900 In Benefits Says Study
- Dear Friends, Coalition Leaders, Landowners, and Natural Gas Supporters,
- NYS cuts 2017 renewable target
- Obama EPA One Last Swipe at Fossil Fuels, Changes Fracking Report
- The $3.5 Trillion Fracking Economy Is About To Get A Lot Bigger
- Donald Trump appoints Upstate NY congressman vice chair of transition team
- What Will the Trump Effect Be on Energy?
- 'It turned into a war': Pipeline workers thrown into the middle of protests
- Even the loony left hates Cuomo’s electric-bill hikes
- President Trump Will Make America's Energy Sector Great Again
- GOP says study beats back Obama fear mongering on fracking
- JOINT LANDOWNERS COALITION OF NEW YORK ENDORSEMENTS
- Otsego County Pipeline Support Urges Cuomo Approval
- Debbie Preston's "Thank You" for Endorsement and Support for NG Development
- COUNTY TO CUOMO: APPROVE PIPELINE
- State Democrats want to drive Andrew Cuomo out of office