The Trump win and widespread Republican gains down ballot suggest many possible changes in the US energy scene even as radicals snipe away in irrelevancy. By a narrow margin, Measure Z was approved by residents of Monterey County, California. The ballot initiative, which would ban fracking in Monterey (where it does not currently happen anyway), also bans new oil wells, injection wells [ ... ]Read More..
Cory Bryson, 32, has known about the Dakota Access Pipeline since 2013. He attended public hearings in 2014, when he spoke with landowners, residents, legal staff and representatives of Energy Transfer Partners, the parent company building the pipeline. He recalls there would be a minimum of 50 people at each meeting – none of whom represented the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. He said th [ ... ]Read More..
Every once in a while, even the loony left is right — and so it is with the attacks on Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s insane energy schemes by the group Stop the Cuomo Tax.Read More..
We’ll see more fracking, more pipelines, a defanged EPA, and no carbon tax. As he declared in his victory speech last night, President Trump will root his efforts to make America great again in vast infrastructure projects, tax cuts and pro-business policies that he says will result in millions of new jobs and economic growth. That’s good for steel and concrete suppliers (Nuco [ ... ]Read More..
Republicans are praising a new report on fracking that "puts to rest" an Obama administration push to link increased drilling to drinking water contamination. The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality's "thorough investigation over the past several years has come to a close and confirms what we've known all along: hydraulic fracturing has not impacted drinking water resources," said Sen. Ji [ ... ]Read More..
Attached is a list of endorsements by the Joint Landowners Coalition of New York, Inc. for several important elections. Each candidate we have endorsed has shown a commitment to landowner rights and energy development and is vital in moving our agenda forward. Our endorsements signal the JLCNY’s strong belief that we should support those candidates who stand up for our rights in the face of [ ... ]Read More..
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters, A very interesting article appeared recently about how Otsego County leaders have urged Cuomo to approve the pipeline he has effectively stalled to the detriment of Otsego county and its residents. Please read the article here... http://allotsego.com/county-cuomo-approve-pipeline/ In case that link doesn't function properly the ar [ ... ]Read More..
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters, Last week the JLCNY issued a list of endorsements for the 2016 election. More recently we received the email forwarded below in which Debbie Preston expresses her gratitude for the endorsement and support for our mutual cause. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did. Finally, to echo Debbie's advice, please do every [ ... ]Read More..
The county representatives who drafted the letter to Governor Cuomo, approved today, are Jim Powers, R-Butternuts, left, and Ed Frazier, R-Unadilla, right. Powers argued the poverty and lack of opportunity it contributing to the local heroin epidemic. Frazier said the Cuomo Administration promised natural gas, to Amphenol built a new plant in Sidney; now, it has reneged on the promise. (Jim Kevlin [ ... ]Read More..
Disaffected Democrats furious with Gov. Cuomo after nine of his friends and donors were ensnared in a sprawling federal corruption scandal last week say they plan to run him out of office.Read More..
Pennsylvania State Senator Gene Yaw is contemplating filing a bill to stop any fracked gas from PA from being transported to NY. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may have started a peeing match he’ll end up losing, by denying permission to build the Constitution Pipeline. At a midstream (i.e. pipeline) conference held yesterday in Pennsylvania, one of the speakers, Pennsylvania Se [ ... ]Read More..
The lengths to which some warmists will go to blame natural gas for methane issues is amazing but there’s NOAA denying the industry isn’t the issue. NOAA–the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration–contains some of the biggest kool-aid drinking man-made global warming fanatics on the planet. So we found it interesting that the mighty NOAA has just released new rese [ ... ]Read More..
WASHINGTON — A utility regulator in Pennsylvania says the Cuomo administration’s lack of urgency toward building pipelines could create a “complete disaster” in power generation. At a natural gas conference in Washington on Tuesday, commissioner Robert Powelson of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission criticized New York’s cautious approach on pipeline capacity, [ ... ]Read More..
Maryland’s long-awaited fracking regulations would ban drilling in three watersheds in Western Maryland and require extensive safeguards around drilling sites, protections that Secretary of the Environment Ben H. Grumbles called “the most stringent” in the country. The proposed regulations, which the state unveiled Monday, also would allow fracking closer to homes and private we [ ... ]Read More..
- Report: Andrew Cuomo’s Righthand Man Faces Arrest in Corruption Case
- Nine Defendants, Including Joseph Percoco, Former Executive Deputy Secretary To The Governor, And Alain Kaloyeros, President ...
- Exclusive: Anti-Exxon NY AG Raked In $264,000 From Some Of The Company’s Biggest Rivals
- Cuomo’s Legacy: Upstate New York’s Death Rattle
- Pennsylvania says Cuomo is sabotaging its energy industry
- Cynicism at Work: The New York Energy Game
- Renewable energy still needs natural gas back-up
- Turns out wind and solar have a secret friend: Natural gas
- Moniz: Fracking has been good for the environment
- **Video New Solar Research Raises Climate Questions, Triggers Attacks
- Cuomo crony spills for leniency deal in corruption probe
- Williams Has the Edge in Constitution Gas Pipeline Permit Case
- Andrew Cuomo just raised your electric bill
- Pricey NY nuclear plan to get vote
- U.S. frackers surprise themselves as tweaks keep adding barrels
- The Fracking Evolution: Better, Safer, Stronger
- FERC extends Constitution Pipeline construction 2 more years
- House GOP subpoenas Dem state AGs in Exxon climate probe
- American Manufacturing, Re-energized
- Rebekah Vicknair: Fracking is not polluting wells
- Voice of the Reader: Asthma, fracking link dubious
- The Fabulous Future Fracking Has Unleashed
- Researchers Retract Findings Regarding The Health Risks Of “Fracking”
- Backlash against big wind: Booing Sierra Clubbers in Pennsylvania
- Solar Leases and Gratitude For Donations!