On Wednesday October 22, 2014, Andrew Cuomo, Rob Astorino, Howie Hawkins and Michael McDermott appeared in Buffalo for the only gubernatorial debate scheduled for this election.
- I will move forward within the first 90 days of my administration.
- I won’t be politically paralyzed by this issue as the Governor has been.
- 35 states have this opportunity and 34 are drilling safely – but not New York.
- President Obama says it can be done safely as do the EPA, US Energy Dept., US Interior Dept., Senator Schumer and Senator Gillibrand.
- It will create jobs, produce tax revenues and lower energy costs.
- It’s too complicated for me to decide.
- The DEC & DOH are due to give me reports by the end of this year.
- I will do whatever the experts decide.